Thursday, July 21, 2005

Regrets - is it good or bad?

Do you always wonder whether every little thing people do or say to you involves some kind of hidden agenda? Veiled messages; buried meanings behind every little statements or buried implications behind every act done by others to or for you? STOP doing so!!! You can do this at work, but never on a personal level because you'll end up with a 150/100 blood pressure reading and believe me, I'm speaking from experience.

By the way, do you have a regret list? Out the top of my head, my regret list would have the following;

- I have always believed that I will be treated exactly like the way I treat others. Thus it totally affected me when others acted outside the boundary of my version of 'Guide To The Ethical Treatment Of People'. While in fact, its my lack of understanding that other people might have their own standards too that was really the root of the problem.

- I have believed that the reason I lost $100 some time back was because I've flaunted my money in front of my 'friend' repeatedly and that it was my fault that I made it easy for her to take it from my purse.

- I always find good things to say about other people; like 'yes he's a demanding boss but he've also taught me much in return', or 'yes, Mawi can't sing well but just hear how soothing his voice is (when he's singing lah... and this is totally my opinion yah!)... and that its totally my fault that the response that I got back would always involve queries on my mentality level.

- I always say another minute won't hurt, only to find out that one minute led to another and before I know it; there goes my chance to hook up with that handsome Italian guy that's been asking me to dance all night long at an international student thingy several years back (this tops my all time regret list, period!).

Now the question, are having regrets good or should we just forget it and move on? For me, having regrets will help remind us of what could have happened in the past; and will in turn help dictate our present and future decisions. What have I learned from my regret list above? Always try to accept that what's wrong to you might not be wrong to others; don't trust people too easily; learn not to be too sensitive because at the end of the day, only you know what you really are...

And lastly... when a handsome guy asks you to dance 5 times in 2 hours, it means he IS interested!!!! You dumb, stupid, naive girl...!!! Who knows.. you might already have several blue-eyed darlings running around the house by now if only... sheesshh!!!

3 comments:

Orgkampung said...

totally agreed..most important point... be positive, kalau tak, you will suffer from sakit hati. sekarang aku dah tak macam tu, so apa2 pun it won't effect me, at least takde la buat macam stress giler..

alamakkkkk...ckin...ruginyaaaa.. next time jangan buang masa kalau orang cuba nak tackle hehehehe

Orgkampung said...

effect tu nak tulis affect yach..harap maap, saya budak baru belajar ekekekeke

CKin said...

Betoi.. betoi... aku blom arif lagi bab-bab kawal stress tu.. la ni baru budak baru nak belajar... sikit-sikit gerenti boleh immune lah...

Rugi.. memang rugi... nanti kalau depa buat reunion, aku nak carik lah Italian guy tuu... perasan lah tu dia dok ingat aku laei..