Wednesday, December 21, 2005

OPOCOT!!! PC nak mai dah!!!

It seems like I can't hide from it anymore!!! I have to update or else suffer the now infamous PC coming my way this 24th December!!! Takuttt beb!!!

Wokaaaaayyyyy..... what have I been upto these past 2 months? I can say.. I'm still trying to recover from the 12th of November Raya celebration (aka open house) that has threatened to put me off having open houses in the next 10 years or so...



Before and during photos of the open house do

Nah kau!! My family are known for hosting lavish spreads during Raya open house. We had 2 settings, indoor and outdoors... indoor serving traditional Bruneian dishes like Ayam Masak Merah, Kari Ikan Merah, Paceri Nenas, Sambal Tahai, Sambal Tumis Belacan and Sambal Sotong. Also served indoors were deserts and hot drinks for high tea (chewah!!). Outdoors we served our famous SOTO. Soto's quite big in Brunei and its nothing like the soto ayam in KL. It consists of plain beef (or chicken) soup, bihun and/or laksa plus various condiments. During the do we served hati buyah goreng (or paru goreng), pergedil daging, berubut (stomach lining... gross isn't it?) and the various other more common ones like boiled eggs, fish balls, fish cakes, beef slices, taugeh, tauhu.. etc, etc, etc.

The indoor aka traditional spread

Suffice to say, I did 90% of the cooking myself... hhuhuhu!! Mestilah berani mengaku kan... bukannya korang tau sedap ke taknye... hehehehe!!!

Anyway... the soto proved to be popular.. just to demonstrate to you... we prepared one big pot (boleh muat satu ekor mama kambing punya besau!) of soup for the soto. The do started at 12 noon, and by 4 pm, I've had to make another pot of soup... yikees!! I didn't even had a chance to take close-up picture of the soto... it was gone THAT fast!! By 2pm I've confessed to my dad... 'Taubat! Taubat! Tahun depan dah tak nak buat lagi dah!!'. And the invite was until 12 midnight!!!

Anyway... all ended well though. I survived the night with the only fatality; the dent in my pockets and the 1kg I lost on that day itself (of course I regained it back almost immediately the day after!!) ... hehehe...

Recovering from the do, I was greeted with the 16th November fiasco.... and I've lost all my enthusiasm after that... *sigh*

No comments: