Phuuuuuhhhh!!! Dah nak masuk sebulan aku tak updet blog aku ni kan? Dah lenguh dah agaknya tangan kakak-kakak dan adik-adik aku dok mengata aku yang dah abandon ship ehem! blog... hehehehe... Soooo sowwweeeee.... there's been a lot of things happening in my life this past weeks that updating the blog somehow got sidetracked...
So what had happened since my last posting?
2nd October
A group of friends and I joined Brunei Shell Marketing's Walk-a-hunt thingy, some sort of treasure hunt involving loads of walking (yes!! Walking... I still can't believe I walked around town, non-stop for 5 long hours!!) There were 8 of us and I was the only Malay in the group. We formed 3 separate groups, each assigned to tackle the different sections in the hunt's questionnaire. I was involved in the question and answer with clue thingy section.
I must confess, that was the second time I joined the BSM's Walk-a-hunt do, last year we managed just top 20 and thus were not hoping for much this time round. God.. we even started the race with Coffee Bean's coffee in hand and having read the questionnaire just seconds before the race starts ( I was late you see... the race starts at 8.30 am and of course I just have to reach there at 8.29 am!!). Anyway.. it was good fun... met several of my cousins and long lost friends... the bad thing is, I'm still sporting two skin tones to this day due to the sunburn!! hehehe..
13th October
Result time!!! To cut a long story short, days later, we were invited by the organizers to a 'berbuka' do for the top 20 teams. We were happy to be on top 20, top 15 and top 10... but surprise of all surprises all of our three groups WON first, second and third!!! What did we won... lets see... we won a 51 inch Panasonic Projection TV, an N90 Nokia handphone and a Sony home theatre system...!!! Now the dilemma... how the hell are we going to split 3 prizes between the 8 of us??
hahaha.... now the saying... berat sama di pikul, ringan sama dijinjing... tapi kalau dah masuk bab menang, siapa yang nak rugi??!!! huhuhu... Anyway, we've settled the boggling issue now and that's after two sessions of berbuka puasa with my non-Muslim team mates.. hehehe.. I'm just glad I'm still in one piece... but GOD!! Am I glad that its over... and end up with several hundreds extra in the pocket for the coming Raya celebration.... Yiippeee!!!
Ramadhan
Puasa to me is a month long torturous (but yummy) saga of excessive cooking!! hehehe... I mean, we (err... okay.. I admit my mom still does around 60% of the cooking but hey... I'm a working girl here... I can't be at two places at the same time!!! hehehe) have to cook dinner for berbuka and then again wake up in the middle of the night to cook for sahur (fresh food's the best, don't you think?) !!! And my mom (love you mum!), the way that she is, always like to cook at least 3 different homemade dishes for the family... AND... my 2 aunt's, uncle's and my bro's in-law families as well... hehehe... Mawi pun sedekah hidangan berbuka kat jiran tau!!
Anyway, despite it being torturous for me, its the smell of food that often reminds me of the holy Ramadhan. My mom loves to make her own rose syrup for berbuka and the smell of rose will be afloat once a year, during the first day of puasa. Its been like this for as long as I can remember... and in fact it has become a compulsory thing for me; to smell the sweet smell of rose syrup every first day of puasa (even when I was in Scotland years ago). Imagine how the hell did I manage to get my hands on that one particular rose syrup brand that came close to my mom's original recipe...hehehe!!!
Work.. Work.. Work... and nothing else!!
I often wonder whether my fanaticism to that bold guy will bring a bad effect on me... and I always thought... naahhh!!! How can it be when everything is in moderation? Ya Right!!! Well... moderation does not mean spending every little spare time I have surfing the net on stories about him... PLUS... bugging friends in KL on stories about him (you know who you are right?.. hehehe.. hi 5 sket!!), I keep his raya cards (which I've asked my patient friend to send to me) on my bedside table ... well ... anyway.. aku dah insaf yewww!!! I've managed to throw away my fanaticism (really!! I'm not joking!) away... Why?
Because I can't afford to anymore... I just don't have the time nowadays... I'm in a the middle of a huge project involving people from around the world and on top of that my one staff under me will be going off on maternity soon!!! OOhhhh.. the agony!!! Don't worry, I'm not organizing a 'We are the world' campaign... I'm still sane... promise!!
Photography project
So what had happened since my last posting?
2nd October
A group of friends and I joined Brunei Shell Marketing's Walk-a-hunt thingy, some sort of treasure hunt involving loads of walking (yes!! Walking... I still can't believe I walked around town, non-stop for 5 long hours!!) There were 8 of us and I was the only Malay in the group. We formed 3 separate groups, each assigned to tackle the different sections in the hunt's questionnaire. I was involved in the question and answer with clue thingy section.
I must confess, that was the second time I joined the BSM's Walk-a-hunt do, last year we managed just top 20 and thus were not hoping for much this time round. God.. we even started the race with Coffee Bean's coffee in hand and having read the questionnaire just seconds before the race starts ( I was late you see... the race starts at 8.30 am and of course I just have to reach there at 8.29 am!!). Anyway.. it was good fun... met several of my cousins and long lost friends... the bad thing is, I'm still sporting two skin tones to this day due to the sunburn!! hehehe..
13th October
Result time!!! To cut a long story short, days later, we were invited by the organizers to a 'berbuka' do for the top 20 teams. We were happy to be on top 20, top 15 and top 10... but surprise of all surprises all of our three groups WON first, second and third!!! What did we won... lets see... we won a 51 inch Panasonic Projection TV, an N90 Nokia handphone and a Sony home theatre system...!!! Now the dilemma... how the hell are we going to split 3 prizes between the 8 of us??
hahaha.... now the saying... berat sama di pikul, ringan sama dijinjing... tapi kalau dah masuk bab menang, siapa yang nak rugi??!!! huhuhu... Anyway, we've settled the boggling issue now and that's after two sessions of berbuka puasa with my non-Muslim team mates.. hehehe.. I'm just glad I'm still in one piece... but GOD!! Am I glad that its over... and end up with several hundreds extra in the pocket for the coming Raya celebration.... Yiippeee!!!
Ramadhan
Puasa to me is a month long torturous (but yummy) saga of excessive cooking!! hehehe... I mean, we (err... okay.. I admit my mom still does around 60% of the cooking but hey... I'm a working girl here... I can't be at two places at the same time!!! hehehe) have to cook dinner for berbuka and then again wake up in the middle of the night to cook for sahur (fresh food's the best, don't you think?) !!! And my mom (love you mum!), the way that she is, always like to cook at least 3 different homemade dishes for the family... AND... my 2 aunt's, uncle's and my bro's in-law families as well... hehehe... Mawi pun sedekah hidangan berbuka kat jiran tau!!
Anyway, despite it being torturous for me, its the smell of food that often reminds me of the holy Ramadhan. My mom loves to make her own rose syrup for berbuka and the smell of rose will be afloat once a year, during the first day of puasa. Its been like this for as long as I can remember... and in fact it has become a compulsory thing for me; to smell the sweet smell of rose syrup every first day of puasa (even when I was in Scotland years ago). Imagine how the hell did I manage to get my hands on that one particular rose syrup brand that came close to my mom's original recipe...hehehe!!!
Work.. Work.. Work... and nothing else!!
I often wonder whether my fanaticism to that bold guy will bring a bad effect on me... and I always thought... naahhh!!! How can it be when everything is in moderation? Ya Right!!! Well... moderation does not mean spending every little spare time I have surfing the net on stories about him... PLUS... bugging friends in KL on stories about him (you know who you are right?.. hehehe.. hi 5 sket!!), I keep his raya cards (which I've asked my patient friend to send to me) on my bedside table ... well ... anyway.. aku dah insaf yewww!!! I've managed to throw away my fanaticism (really!! I'm not joking!) away... Why?
Because I can't afford to anymore... I just don't have the time nowadays... I'm in a the middle of a huge project involving people from around the world and on top of that my one staff under me will be going off on maternity soon!!! OOhhhh.. the agony!!! Don't worry, I'm not organizing a 'We are the world' campaign... I'm still sane... promise!!
Photography project
I mentioned about taking photo of Putrajaya next time I'm in KL... so now.. I'm in the midst of surveying for a good quality digital camera and I've finally came up with my top 3 'I wish I own you' camera.
Canon PowerShot S2 ISKat sini dah habis stock... berapa harga kat KL ek?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5
Haven't seen this camera anywhere in Brunei... still searching!

Sony CyberShot DSC-H1
Yang ni geram sket.... story's like this, I asked my bro to help me with survey at one of the stores here... I've targetted this camera and he also said its good... but.. just the day after (when I was walking around town at the Walk-a-hunt do) he called and said he's bought the camera for himself!!! huhuhu...!!! Can borrow saja or not bro??
Yang ni geram sket.... story's like this, I asked my bro to help me with survey at one of the stores here... I've targetted this camera and he also said its good... but.. just the day after (when I was walking around town at the Walk-a-hunt do) he called and said he's bought the camera for himself!!! huhuhu...!!! Can borrow saja or not bro??
So now... I'm at a lost cause my fave cameras are all too pricey for an amateur like me... so its either save up or bodek my bro and borrow lah!!! huhuhu... Will keep you updated once I've managed to kidnap the Sony yah...
All in all... its been a hectic month for me... raya's just around the corner and hopefully, I'll get through another open house this year... by the way, you're all invited ya.. (invite-invite chicken jer to those I don't know personally)... to my KL friends whose too far away to come.. err... I'll put in an entry of the do saja lah kan... hehehe..
Till next time... selamat berpuasa...
No comments:
Post a Comment