Monday, February 20, 2006

American Idol ... and a little of this and that!

Top 24 has been selected you guys. Must say I have loads of favorites but below are my top faves due to various reasons.

Paris Bennett
I've liked the sound of her voice during the first round of audition itself. The fact that she's from a 'musical royalty' family did not help with her 'likeness' factor though. I sincerely believe that her lineage should've been enough to give her the edge every other wannabes could only dream of. But, and this is a HUGE BUT!!!... It absolutely saddened me to think that I'll be robbed off the golden opportunity to see her progression in the competition if she opt for a direct record deal instead. As it is, I'm rooting for her to become the next American Idol (of course unless my 'swaying' interests wander away throughout the competition!)

Chris Daughtery
A short snippet of his life was shown before his first audition and I was hooked then and there!! Can you just imagine a guy like him (stereotyping here), seemingly a rocker by heart and naturally my assumption was that he would be as far remote from the term responsible and committed young 25 year old man - especially with that drop dead FACE!!). So... I was humbled to know that he is a step-father to two girls and a good father at that!! Well... he surprised me ... and even more so when he sang with that high-pitched yet powerful male voice of his. I'm hooked... really, really hooked and predicting he would make a good American Idol too. Its about time Idol starts to produce another male Idol after Reuben don't you think?

Kevin Covais
The best manly male voice I've heard since Josh Groban and the Il Divio quartets!! Perhaps the fact that the voice came attached with THAT boyish face was a surprise factor that worked in his favour. Although I can't see him as an Idol winner but I will be anticipating his performances in the weeks to come.


Mandisa Hundley
Err... she's an epitome that I'd very much like to emulate myself. *Sigh*.. if only I'm as brave as she is to face Simon's nasty remarks and whatever other malevolence in store for her from now on. Vocal wise though, I can't find anything unique about her vocals... YET! 10 seconds of her singing in the group round really can't be taken as a basis right? So... will be looking forward to here more of her singing.

And finally... I may as well say, the next American heartthrob to grace the American music scene whether he wins the Idol or not.... ACE YOUNG!!

I went GAGAGA!!! the first time I saw him at the 1st audition, went triple GAGAGAGA!!! when he started to sing and ended up absolutely, deliriously and ecstaticly HAPPY when he went through to the top 24!! hehehe.. this is a classic case of LOOKS overcoming all others!! Anyway... what's wrong with that?? teeeheeeheee... its not as if I'm going to cotribute to him winning the Idol... I just like to LOOK what!!? hehehehe...

So.. there's my 5 favorites... I'm excited to see how they'd fare in the competition. A very good luck to Paris and Chris.. may the most TALENTED wins this time round!! hehehehe....

Other area of business...
PGL's a go ... 3 more days and I get to see what's being hyped as the most exciting musical ever to grace the floors of Istana Budaya. I'll be armed with a pair of binoculars, tissues and my brand new digital camera. Oh... O forgot to mention, I finally managed to get my hands on the new Canon Powershot S2 IS camera I've been dreaming of since last year!! hehehe... so aside from being eternally broke AND gearing up for another bout of shopping sessions at Bukit Bintang, I'm happy and content... err.. at least for now.

See you guys Thursday...

Note: All pictures are courtesy from http://www.idolonfox.com

No comments: