They are just ordinary people, bound together by a single fact, the M-factor. And yet I've seen honest dedication, seriously loads of hard work and sleepless nights in their eyes. I was there to witness their frenzied activities for just two days and I was already exhausted; one can just imagine the state they're in, after two weeks of planning, running around for sponsors... organizing the biggest event (so far) for Mawi's Friends Club.
I've only had the chance to talk to a bunch of the AJKs and my thoughts remained with Kak Maznah, Kak Su, Awie Kiut and of course, waiem the sole individual that made it possible for me to be there in the first place. I've seen them sweat, heard them swear and witnessed them smile... all for the sake of Mawi. Seeing them, I can't help but feel mad for the injustice that had happened right in front of my own eyes. How one particular AJK managed to be an AJK and not do any significant work other than going around distributing 'URUS SETIA' passes to her friends!!! I sympathize with the likes of Awie and Kak Su for not having the time to change into their sponsored clothes due to the demands of the never ending tid-bits before the event and yet, this one particular AJK have had the time not only to put on glamourous makeup and clothing, but also spent hours at the hair saloon to 'pasang tongset 3 tingkat atas kepala'!!!! AND... came to the event as a VIP guest ie. arrived at 9 pm and sat and enjoyed the show throughout the event!!! While most of the 'WORKING AJK' were going around the place like crazy to ensure the event went well.
I've only had the chance to talk to a bunch of the AJKs and my thoughts remained with Kak Maznah, Kak Su, Awie Kiut and of course, waiem the sole individual that made it possible for me to be there in the first place. I've seen them sweat, heard them swear and witnessed them smile... all for the sake of Mawi. Seeing them, I can't help but feel mad for the injustice that had happened right in front of my own eyes. How one particular AJK managed to be an AJK and not do any significant work other than going around distributing 'URUS SETIA' passes to her friends!!! I sympathize with the likes of Awie and Kak Su for not having the time to change into their sponsored clothes due to the demands of the never ending tid-bits before the event and yet, this one particular AJK have had the time not only to put on glamourous makeup and clothing, but also spent hours at the hair saloon to 'pasang tongset 3 tingkat atas kepala'!!!! AND... came to the event as a VIP guest ie. arrived at 9 pm and sat and enjoyed the show throughout the event!!! While most of the 'WORKING AJK' were going around the place like crazy to ensure the event went well.
Anyway, the whole do went well (although some didn't went as planned) but I've heard and read very good response from members and attendees. Kudos to all the 'Dedicated WORKING AJKs and advisors'. I really enjoyed the experience albeit I didn't help out all that much. It was even more valuable than seeing Mawi live!!! Go figure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment